IMS Systems Service Engineer
Answers To: IMS Systems Service Manager
Primary Responsibilities include
- Commissioning of IMS measurement systems and sub-systems (hardware, software)
- Cooperation/scheduling with OEM or customers involved with on-going projects
- Installation supervision on-site working with OEM, contractors and end-users for new installation and system upgrades
- Provide repair, maintenance, on-call emergency support as required and maintain communication with department manager while in field.
- Control and observance of radiation safety procedures
- Provide customer training on-site for operational and technical end-users
- Write service/commissioning reports, and follow-up with customers
- Revision of system documentation and drawings
- Update and/or write procedures for new equipment
- Make effective use of downtime in office, this includes customer phone support, service/PM contract follow-up, and internal project support.
- Identify equipment improvements/bugs in system software, and report appropriately to engineering department
- Develop, enhance and optimize deployed software, especially in proprietary logi.CAD applications.
- Prepare software (PLC, logi.CAD) for gauges based on the template provided by the base development department.
- Develop and standardize software for new gauge products created in both IMS USA and IMS Germany.
- BS-EET preferred, Minimum Associate Degree EET with Military training in electronics and/or related experience
- Should have in depth technical experience with ionized radiation
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a technically focused/field service position for IMS.
- Should possess strong computer skills, including experience with Windows, Visual Basic and networking skills
- Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Significant experience in the steel or aluminum industry
- Knowledge of IMS X-Ray and Optical measuring devices for heavy industrial use
- Must be willing to travel 60% within the USA, occasional overseas travel.
- Comprehensive knowledge of PLC programming following EIC 61131 standards
- In depth knowledge of Windows software including Excel
- Detailed knowledge of computer networks, interfaces, etc.